Monday, August 13, 2012

Welcome to my New Blog

I have made this blog to tell my story of moving to Finland and fitting into a new culture.

So why am I moving to Finland?

Well in March 2011 I attended the wedding of a friend in the city of Oulu, it was there that I met the beautiful Tanja. She took my breathe away, I'm not sure if it was because she told me no one would marry me or because she is the most beautiful woman I have laid my eyes on. I believe she told me this to corner the market herself.

When am I moving?

I am leaving the Isle of Man on the 12th of September 2012.

A few random facts about Finland:-

Finland is known as the Land of a thousand Lakes because it has over 180,000 lakes (Ranging from 500 meters up).

Nuntii Latini is the worlds only Latin News Broadcast service (http://yle.fi/radio1/tiede/nuntii_latini/)

There are no payphones in Finland, Nokia is a Finnish founded mobile phone company and there is about 5 million mobiles in use for a population of 5.4 million.

Santa Claus has an office in the Lapland City of Rovaniemi and can be visited all year round.

75% of Finland is Forested and the Lakes and Rivers make up another 10%

No comments:

Post a Comment